|Frugal Café Site Search:|
Chefs' Frugal Culinary Secrets & Cooking Philosophies | Main Directory
While there are many secret culinary techniques and recipes that are secured like rare jewels—or the heavily guarded recipes for Kentucky Fried Chicken, Coca-Cola, Krispy Kreme donuts, and Twinkies—many world-class chefs are willing to pass on information to help the rest of us mere mortals be successful in the kitchen and during the at-home dining experience. And, whenever possible, some try to be frugal.
Master chefs have so many great tricks in the kitchen... personal secrets on how to properly cook food, how to make food taste better, how to make preparation of foods easier. Food is their driving passion. Many have learned these valuable secrets while working with other master chefs who passed them on.
These chefs' secrets will empower you, help you save more time and money when shopping and cooking, and learn more about creating delicious, easy meals for yourself and your family. While many world-class chefs spare no expense on ingredients, some are still indeed frugal, and all have time-saving techniques from which you can benefit.
These chefs also have, or had, passionate commitments to their craft and personal cooking philosophies. We believe these helped them achieve success in their competitive industry. Here are culinary philosophies, cooking secrets, and kitchen tips from many excellent chefs, both past and present.
Chefs' Cooking Secrets | Video Demonstrations
- Jamie Oliver, Oliver's Twist, 101 Fish & Chips At Home
- Grilling Fish: Canadian House & Home Magazine Food Editor Claire Tansey: Tips and Recipes for Grilling Whole Fish, Fillets, and Steaks
- Cuca Brazuca: How to Make Muqueca, Brazilian Fish Stew
- Gordon Ramsay: Crispy Salmon with New Potatoes
- Cape Cod Times: How to Make a Championship Clam Chowder
- BBQ Pit Boys: BBQ Shrimp with Crab Meat Stuffing
- RV Cooking Show: Morro Bay, CA & Easy, Elegant Rockfish